Thursday, October 28, 2010

Random Thoughts for Today

I wanted to post something profound; something deep and meaningful.  But my brain is like jello and I've drawn a blank, except for some strange and random thoughts (which I usually try and keep to myself).


1.  teenagers sometimes seem like God's way of getting back at us for past mistakes


2.  flies in late October!  it's like a plague or something


3.  strawberry marshmallows are surprisingly good


4.  Chloe is not old enough to be 3 years old tomorrow


5.  why is Thanksgiving "turkey day", but Halloween isn't "pumpkin day", or "candy day"?


6.  I get tired so much easier than when I was 23.... it isn't fair


7.  the Columbia Basin gets 300 days of sunshine a year...   why do we seem to get the 65 days of gloom all in a row?


8.  laundry is eternal


9.  a child of any age can say the word "mom" 34,394,182 times a day


10.  it's only 7:06, and I wish it was bedtime

2 comments:

  1. This may not be profound, but it made me smile! I hear you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked all your thoughts, but the one that stands out the most at this moment is: without hearing "mommy" 34 million times a day your life would be too quiet and empty.every once in awhile when you get older you will wish to hear it once or twice a day again.

    ReplyDelete