Friday, October 1, 2010

Nothing says fall like.....


football and pumpkins.  Except chainsaws because I grew up in woodsy Virginia and people were cutting wood for winter all around us and the sound of one brings me back...... but I digress. 











 My dad loved football games, so the sound of one on TV instantly makes me feel autumnal.  I haven't followed football in many years, but now I have a Frosh football player and things have changed.  Two disclaimers; I am not a sports photographer, nor does my camera have the guts it needs.  Second, my 12 yo daughter Alyssa took most of the football pics and several on my blog yesterday.  She seems intent on proving herself a better photographer than me (she's a little competitive that way).









Number 82 belongs to me.  Taylor's a great kid!  Truth is when you have 39 players on a team, some are gonna stand on the sides.  He's loving every minute (and so are we).  Our team won, by the way,  14 to 13.











Ok, these are all mine.  I had to start October 1st with a pumpkin shoot.  What's says autumn like pumpkins? (except beautiful fall foliage which we aren't blessed with here)  We've got a crop of big, beautiful, orange globes this year.








Just a few more cool evenings, and these babies will lose all touches of green.  We can't wait!










 Bless it's heart, even though the vines are dying and pumpkins are ready to harvest, it's still trying to bloom and grow.  Maybe there's a lesson there.......


Happy first day of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment