Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Nutcracker Day 3

This afternoon will be only the 3rd day of Nutcracker Production week (5 to go!).  I had ambitious thoughts of doing a photo journal of the whole thing. No photos are allowed in many of the backstage areas, and I'm too busy backstage volunteering to do it anyways.  


This is Alyssa's 6th Nutcracker, and Natalie's 2nd, so in some ways it's old routine; but there's new dancers, new costumes, new problems, new fun, new memories.  I'm spending my time volunteering as Security Chair and Greenroom mother.  Here are some random Nutcracker thoughts after only 2 days.


1.  I kept dreaming last night that young Greenroom dancers kept running away to the mall and we couldn't find them. 


2.  I woke up yesterday with the Waltz of the Flowers music running loudly through my head....  and I  hadn't even heard them on stage yet. 


3.  The careless non-involvement of some parents never ceases to amaze me.  It's FUN people!  And you're needed.


4.  No matter how many times I see it, it makes me cry....   even the scenes my daughters aren't in (especially the snow seen...  breathtaking!)


5.  Note to self:  get a travel sewing kit for Nutcracker week.  Would've been nice to have yesterday when leotards misbehaved.


6.  I love seeing the bonds of friendship my girls have made.


7.  I love the bonds of friendship I've made.


8.  I'm really tired.


9.  I can't WAIT to see the performance (dress rehearsals are closed to viewing).


10.  I'm really tired (did I already say that?)


11.  Trying to sew a leotard strap under a jacket, and under another leotard can result in silly things....  like 2 leotards being sewn looped together (she didn't appreciate my unique artistry).

No comments:

Post a Comment