Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thankfulness

I believe abundance and prosperity begins with gratitude for all we  have and a true and deep appreciation for  the little things.  I also know I get busy and take for granted what many of these things are.  Shame on me!  I was at a wonderful leadership training event last night where a mentor of mine talked about the "language of increase".  If we want prosperity and abundance then we must talk about the blessings, good news, and success in EVERY situation.  This past year has been like a hard, bumpy roll downhill.  We have experienced a lot of discouraging and frustrating circumstances.  I'm sorry to  admit I've struggled to see anything to be grateful for in some of the things that have happened.  My children are watching, and I need to do better.  


 I'm going to make some random "gratitude lists" this month of the little things that need my focus and appreciation.   I'm hoping a little public acknowledgement of my former ingratitude will help set me straight!  


1.  I'm thankful for music!  I LOVE a huge variety of  music (well ...   not rap, and not screaming death rock).  Music can turn your whole mood around in just minutes.  


2.  I'm thankful for the variety of four seasons.  Each one has beauty and something to look forward to.


3.  I'm thankful for dark chocolate.  I mean really...   right?   The darker the better too.  72% cocoa?  Perfect!


4.  Water.  Trust me, it's AWESOME!


5.  I'm thankful for three year olds.  Every day is discovery and mastery and the most amazing things come out of their mouths.  


6.  Books (and highlighters.....  don't forget the highlighters).   Give me a book and I'm a happy camper!  (as long as I've got a highlighter)


7.  My bed.  We recently watched the movie The Blind Side (EXCELLENT true story).  The main character is in high school and tells his foster mother he's never had his own bed before.  Wow.  And I complain because my comforter is old.  


8.  I'm thankful for mentors.  I'm grateful to have amazing mentors in my life who have willingly taught me all they know, believed in me more than I believe in myself, and always cheer me on.  


9.  I'm thankful for geography.  We have a varied and beautiful earth.  We're having LOTS of fun this year studying states and countries.  If I could, I'd live in each of the 50 states, just to see what they're like (I know, I'm a dork).  


10.  Corelle ware.  I have seven children.  Enough said.  

No comments:

Post a Comment