Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving morning, about 7am.  Woke up with a smashing headache, and thought I'd blog a little while everyone sleeps, and before turkey prep begins.  I wanted to list a few more things that I'm thankful for, although I could never, EVER list them all.  


1.  Purple.....   how can you look at purple and not feel a little happier?


2.  Snow (not snowy roads), because it makes my kids SO happy


3.  The kindness of people...   we've had a rough year and been on the receiving end of help and support more than I'd like (because I love giving, not receiving).  But so awesome, and so thankful to have had it.


4.  Cheesecake.  In high school, my best friend brought an entire cheesecake and can of blueberry filling to school....   and 4 of us shared and ate THE WHOLE THING.  And yet, I still love cheesecake.  


5.  Making re-connections with friends and family on Facebook


6. All the things I've learned this year about myself;  my abilities, the power of having vision and thinking positively, and experiencing the truth that action conquers fear.


7.  Newly waxed hardwood floors.  Oooohhhh......  shiny!


8.  Christmas music.  I'd listen to it all year if I could, because it's message of hope, salvation, and joy is one I need all year long.


9.  Technology.  It can be a pain at times...  because I don't always know how to use it or how to fix it.  But having my mom and Chloe get to see each other from across the miles when Chloe blew out her birthday candles.....   priceless!


10.  Lipstick....   I love lipstick.  I usually forget to wear it.  But I love the perfect shade of lipstick and how it helps me feel a little more polished and together.  


Now, it took for forever to find this.  I've seen it ascribed to President Lincoln as his Thanksgiving Day address.  But it's not.  It was a few months later when he proclaimed a National day of fasting and prayer.  It's still a marvelous speech on gratitude and God ,  and worth reading and pondering this Thanksgiving.  Enjoy your day and your many blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment