Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It shouldn't be allowed

For moms to get sick I mean.  You know, the kind of sick where you just can't.  Do. Anything.  When mom stops it seems like the world stops, right?  I fought a slight cold all last week with the rest of my family.  Not a big deal.  Then on Monday morning this annoying, dry cough started.  I felt ok this morning...   but by lunch I had to crawl into bed.  Where I still am.  Trying to orchestrate dinner from here.  Thank goodness I have kids that can work a little magic in the kitchen.  Here's my list of the reasons why it's just not fair that moms get sick.  Ever.  


1.  We've already been through morning sickness at least once.  Isn't that enough?


2.  Kids run a little wild knowing we can't do a thing about it.


3.  I don't know about you, but I had plans for today.  And now I don't.


4.  It'll all be there waiting for us the next day though, won't it?


5.  Electric guitars are tough on bad headaches (ok, maybe that's just in my house).


6.  Mom takes care of everyone else, and it doesn't seem to work the other way around.


7.  Natural childbirth  (or not even) should exempt us forever.


8.  I had plans (did I already say that?)


9.  The house seems to grow in clutter before your eyes, and you're helpless to stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment